Monday, October 14, 2013

In Opening...

I've never had a blog before! But I am really excited about this one. :) Lately I've been learning a lot from Jesus about Himself and how He desires me to draw close to Him, and felt moved to share some of it with others. This is the best way I could think to do so.

What will the focus of this blog be? To be honest, I can't really define it. It will be about Jesus and the truth He shows me. Along the way, I will most definitely be throwing in some poetry, art, music, photographs, and many other little tidbits of my life. But mostly, I want to point my lovely readers to the Heart of their Creator, because He is the most beautiful, most gentle, most loving Person we can know in this life.

The title:
"to walk in Love." If Jesus is Love, and we are called to walk with Him, I seek to "walk in Love." It's sort of a reference to Ephesians 5:1, but not quite.

A little more about me....
I am an English major, which means I love books. My favorite author is C.S. Lewis (he seems to be the only one who can truly make me cry), at the moment my favorite poet is e.e. cummings, and I am in the middle of about eight books which I never seem to have time to finish. I also love Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen, and I keep about four journals at a time. At the moment, I think I want to be an English professor, and I have a pet dream of becoming an amazing poet. I am also a vocal music minor, so I love classical vocal (which definitely includes opera) and choral music. I'm blessed with a beautiful family and beautiful friends.

Jesus is beautiful - He loves me so much. I constantly fall short of His goodness, but in his mercy He always opens and envelops me in His arms, no matter how far I've run from Him. He keeps proving the intense richness of his incredible love in beautiful defiance of the fact that I don't deserve it. He is so very good! Keep loving Him! Go forth and seek the little tender displays of love He offers in every part of life, and be blessed and at peace.

I love you all! I cannot wait to share more with you!

Love, Alea

No comments:

Post a Comment