Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hi!

Just a quickie post tonight. A little bit more about what I will be posting. I want this blog to be a place where people feel loved and at home, but I also want to really challenge my readers to "deny themselves" and take up their crosses for Christ, which means not everything posted on here will be within your comfort zones. A lot of it will probably be outside my comfort zone too - especially anything I share about areas where I am being challenged and grown. If you find anything I say to be really unsettling, I encourage you not to forget it quickly. Allow yourself to be uncomfortable and unsettled, and test whether what I am saying is true or not. I would love to get into discussions with you about difficult ideas in the comments. In general, if it has potential to draw you away from yourself and closer to Christ, there's a good chance it is true. However, I am human, so I will not always be right. Forgive me for the times I am wrong or offensive, and let me know (in love) that I have deviated from truth and/or hurt you.

Secondly, I really love stories, and I want to hear yours. If God's been teaching you something and you'd like me to share it or you just need someone to hear your story, shoot me an email or message me on Facebook. If we know each other in person, send me a text and meet me for a meal or coffee. I love hearing stories of God's goodness, exciting, quirky stories from peoples' lives, and also stories of brokenness and pain. At the moment, I can say I am in a season of blessing, but I have been through a lot of difficulty in the past and at least to some degree I know what it is like to be hurting. In most cases, I won't be able to say I can completely relate or that I know things are going to get better, but I do know it often helps just to be heard and prayed for.

Whoever you are and wherever you are right now, know that God is good. Go in peace!

- Alea

"I try to avoid looking forward or backward and try to keep looking upward." Charlotte Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment